Thursday 1 March 2012

When I Was Younger...


When you are child, you will believe almost anything - that carrots help you see in the dark, Borrowers live beneath your floorboards and if you pull a funny face when the wind blows, it'll stick. Yesterday I stumbled across a website called www.iusedtobelieve.com, which is full of brilliant and bizarre beliefs that adults thought were true when they were children.


{www.tracyraver.com}

Here are some of our favourites:

o "I used to believe that I could take a bath and talk into the taps, and anyone else having a bath would be able to hear me."

o "I used to believe that if your baby was ugly or loud, you could take your receipt back to the hospital and swap it for a nicer one."

o "I used to believe ham came from hamsters."

o "I used to believe you used a lawnmower to cut the grass and a hoover to cut the carpet."


o "I used to believe that after an operation the surgeon would run his patients through a sewing machine to stitch them up."

o "When I was little my grandgather told me that a snail lived in my nose and if I tried to pick it, I would be bitten."

o "When I was little my big sister told me to say hi and be nice to the mannequins at the mall because they were people too."

o "I used to believe telephone poles and wires were built to give birds a rest." 

o "When I was younger I asked my parents if I could have a pet penguin and he would live in the freezer."

To read more or add your own stories, visit www.iusedtobelieve.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here