Monday 5 December 2011

It'll Be All White On The Night

The White House... Blank Canvas

Waking up on Sunday morning to find Edinburgh covered by a blanket of snow, I decided it is the perfect time to share my second "Home Sweet Home" post.

Living in a small, modern two-bedroom flat, I'm always searching for ways to turn our humble house into a home - adding unique and personal touches without heading for a clutter overload. White walls, cream curtains and other ivory items may be considered by some to be cold, clinical (and hard to keep clean) but that couldn't be further from the truth.


Adding a bit of all white transforms small, dark spaces into spacious places - bright, calming and peaceful, leaving you free to clutter to your heart's content.

Cat That Got The Cream... Finishing Touches

I've photographed some of my favourite finishing touches to show that a white house isn't just for the Obamas. The first image features an antique mirror I painted white before rubbing back to reveal a hint of gold. Reflected in the mirror is a cream chest-of-drawers upon which I've displayed a bunch of roses in a spotted white jug (see image two). The third picture shows a blue patterned frame which I've transformed into the perfect peephole accessory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here