Thursday 22 December 2011

Babycakes

Sugar And Spice And All Things Nice



Last weekend I went to Glasgow to visit my friend Susanne and her beautiful baby Finlay. Anticipating a Sunday afternoon of gossip, coffee and cuddles I realised it was a perfect cupcake occasion. 


Having travelled with sponge before I knew only too well the dangers of negotiating corners and bends with frosting at speed. A four-tiered masterpiece can soon become a three-tiered disaster but this time I was determined to overcome such problem. 

Cakes, Cookies and Crafts (http://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk) is a brilliant online bakery store with thousands of cases, cutters and cake tins to choose from. A couple of months ago I stocked up on wrappers and boxes which were very reasonably priced and promptly delivered - perfect for my trip to the west.

This was my first time using cake wrappers and they're a little trickier than I thought - to get the best results, bake your cakes in paper cases of a similar size before transferring your golden sponge into the wrappers when cooled.

Icing On The Cake...


I then iced the cakes using the Hummingbird Bakery's deliciously simple vanilla frosting recipe and a touch of pearl lustre spray. In preparation for travel, I secured my sponges in a gorgeous gingham presentation box. The boxes - which have sections to hold your cakes safely in place - come in a variety of designs and are also available as individual cupcake boxes.

My cakes and I made it to Glasgow safely and had a fantastic afternoon... sadly the cakes didn't make it back!

All Wrapped Up - Ready To Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here